Saturday 20 December 2014

Featured Artist: Jackie



We now have our first featured artist! :D Jackie has kindly allowed us to post some of her work on our blog :)

"Hi, I'm Jackie! As an artist, I am inspired by sad lyrics and an overactive brain. The bulk of my drawing is done during school hours (*gasp* the horror!) and on the bus. Lately I've been experimenting with a combination of drawing and photo editing apps, such as Afterlight, Aviary, and A Beautiful Mess - they're great starting points, especially if you just like to dabble!"

If you want to see more of her work you can find her at +Jackie vdS on Google + and jackievds98 on Instagram. 

Anyway; to the art :p
 A cute little badger :D wish I could draw little animals like this :3


A really cool way to present a quote. I find art like this is a great way to emphases on specific words :) 

My kind of cartoon style :) reminds me a lot of adventure time :D

Some experimentation using filters by the looks of things. Pretty interesting; I'm thinking of giving it a try myself :)

This is probably my favorite. I have no idea how she did this and made it look so good :) the lettering looks great!


Thanks to +Jackie vdS for letting us post her art! We really appreciate it :) If you're interested yourself or know someone else who may be interested in being featured on our blog please contact us! we love to keep a bit of diversity among the art we post and Tim and I can't keep it up ourselves :P

I personally haven't done much in the past week.. but I do have some ideas I'm planning on working on :) Depending how that goes I might do a mid week post.

Have a great a week guys :)

~Ashley 



No comments:

Post a Comment