Saturday 27 December 2014

Weekly Post (Ashley)

Hello all!

Unfortunately I don't have much to show for this week... I've got a couple concept designs I'm hoping to further develop and I've spent a sizable amount of time designing some characters for a picture book but nothing really to show for it unfortunately. But here's what I have done:



Quite a while I got into the whole animie-ish style and decided to give it a try again. Here's some progress shots as I went. However It started to go a bit pear-shaped after a while...

Initial sketch. Doesn't look to bad at this point.

Outlined the character. Still not quite what I wanted it to be


And after a coat of pencil lead. If I were to do it again I would pick a different palette for sure. and just some little things every here and there really bug me about it... for instance the sword hilt is really off from where its supposed to be. But overall; lessons were learnt :p


Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to post anything next Sunday as I'll be off too Timbuck-Too for the week.  I'll either post some material early or extra material when I get back :)

Also and more importantly; I've heard of interest being shown by potential guest artists from my college Tim, but unfortunately he doesn't have the time to post the material. So if you're interested in having your work posted please contact me at ashley@martybugs.net or +Ashley Pot . We'd be happy to post your art for you :)

have a great week :)

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment